ROASTED RED DRESSING
This robust and highly variable dressing is a go-to for me in the kitchen! I make sure to double or triple the recipe on my Batch Building days for an easy selection of salad dressing during the week.
It’s full of heart healthy fats from extra-virgin olive oil, making it fit right into one of the categories of my “EAT EIGHT” formula you can follow when building a meal.
Along side its macronutrient profile, the red bell pepper provides high amounts of vitamin C and carotenoids, both crucial for reducing inflammation and improving your immune system.
The beauty of this dressing comes with the ability to turn it into many different variations when you go to eat it with a little addition of other kitchen staples!
- Send it to Mexico? Add some avocado!
- Italy? Throw in some capers!
- Americano? Mix in some mustard!
- Change the flavor profile? Swap your vinegar for Balsamic or White Wine!
- Get creative in your herb choice!
- 1 large 7oz roasted red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp basil, cilantro, oregano, or thyme
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red or white wine, or Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp roma tomato
- 1 tsp sea salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup onion or shallot
Add all ingredients to a single serve blender and blend until creamy.
Store in a jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.