…Basically all you’d ever wish for plus more when it comes to salad!
Throw together this super simple SUPER SNAPPER SALAD for a quick meal that’s full of flavor and overflowing with nutrients, vitamins and minerals!
The star nutrients of this dish are the artichoke and asparagus combination, in pair with the spices and herbs that gives you an Italian taste (#thinkpizza) but without the belly ache afterwards!
Artichokes and asparagus are both full of antioxidants that help our bodies fight off free radicals; warding off cancer and disease. Artichokes are full of prebiotic fiber and help nourish the digestive tract keeping everything running smoothly.
I use a bed of fresh romaine and celery for two sources of hydrating vegetables that help create EZ water in our cell’s, giving our mitochondria a boost of energy!
The purple fingerling potatoes used are a low-starch root vegetable and are full of antioxidants as well; just look at their bright hue due to the high content! These little potatoes provide you with carbohydrates and B vitamins; both important in regulating your metabolism.
The sauce is a quick blend and is full of monounsaturated healthy fats from the olive oil; important for nutrient absorption and heart health.
I threw a large piece of red snapper on top for a source of protein, as well as, selenium and omega-3 fats. These nutrients are great for supporting brain health and hormonal balance. If you can’t get your hands on a piece of snapper… Any white fish pairs well: halibut, cod, haddock, or tilapia are all sustainable choices.
- Group 1
- 7 oz red bell pepper roasted in oven or air fryer
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp 14g olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 th tsp sea salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp shallot
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes - for the spread
- Group 2
- 4 - 4.5 cups spring mix or green leaf lettuce
- ½ cup fresh basil shredded
- 1 cup 6 oz boiled or roasted fingerling potatoes
- 1 cup purple onion slivers
- 1 cup of steamed asparagus chubbies
- 3/4 cup chopped mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1/3 cup green olives sliced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 7 oz seared snapper
- 2 tbsp dairy free parmesan cheese Sister River Foods brand recommend
- Spices - fennel cumin, garlic,Italian herbs
Blend group 1 ingredients in a high speed blender to make a sauce
Layer group 2 ingredients on a large plate
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscribe to the NN newsletter for the weekly kitchen creation delivered directly to your inbox!