The No-Bake, Nourishing version of a Samoa Cookie!
How wonderful do these poppers look for snacking or throwing on top of smoothies!?
These are liteterally the PERFECT little poppers for the following reasons…
- Loaded with fiber and healthy fats to balance blood sugar levels
- Leave you with no sugar high, like traditional cookies do; by way of using complex carbohydrates from, oats vs simple sugars
- Full of plant based protein from almond butter, chia seeds, and oatmeal
- Full of mood and hormone regulating superfoods maca and cacao to leave you feeling euphoric!
- Quick, only taking about 10 minutes to make and require no bake
I love to make these on my Batch Build Day and have them around for on-the-go snacking, dessert, or alongside a Mylkshake for breakfast!
The best part about them is the quick mix, roll and go. This goes to show that if you spend just a second to prepare, you’ll save yourself from reaching for the snacks that lead to low energy, sugar crashes, and toxic overload! These contain some of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet leaving you feeling perfect with each pop! All ingredients can be picked up at any local whole body market. They are staple items that you can use for other purposes, making these budget friendly as well!
What are your type of snacks to prepare? Try these little guys and show me your creations by tagging #NourishingNelli on Facebook or Instagram!
- group 1
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- group 2
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut melted oil
- group 3
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- extra coconut shreds
- dash of sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- In a large bowl whisk together group 1 ingredients
- In a small bowl combine group 2 ingredients
- In a third bowl combine a small amount of group 3 ingredients for rolling and dusting the poppers
- Pour your nut butter mixture into the large bowl and knead to form a dough.
- Roll into 1 tbsp balls, and then roll in your bowl of extra cacao powder, cinnamon, sea salt and coconut shreds.
- Put in the fridge for 1-2 hours in an airtight container