Sooo Superbowl was around the corner and I was itching to make something really traditional, but with ingredients from the NN Foodio (aka: REAL FOOD YA’LL), no microwave this or pre-prepared that. Along came this guy……
Salad? Yeah we can call it that! This is basically a big plate full of the traditional “Superbowl” flavors (buffalo, celery, honey mustard) topped with salmon, grilled corn, and grilled cauliflower steaks; and boy is it one tasty meal! It’s loaded with fibrous veggies and hydrating greens that your body will sure thank you for.
First we have the dressing which is made from one of my favorite brands (Tessamae’s). All of their dressings, sauces, and marinades have superb ingredient labels; no icky weird things. In all honesty, I usually use about another half a batch of this dressing concoction because its just so yummmm!
Lets talk salmon: it has to be my favorite fish ever to cook with because of the rich oily taste and the melt-in-your-mouth texture, oh it’s kinda good for you too! Salmon is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, great for heart health and joint support for anyone in need! Look at this yummy piece that I seared for 30 seconds each side and then covered on low for 4 minutes.
The thing I love most about this is that it’s simple, quick, and has a unique flavor from a variety of different vegetables and herbs. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Show me your creations by tagging #nourishingnelli on Instagram or Facebook!
- Group 1
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp Tessamae’s honey mustard sauce
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp Tessamae’s Buffalo Marinade
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- dash of sea salt
- dash of celery seed
- dash of dill
- Group 2
- bed of romaine hearts shredded 1 big heart
- handful of fresh dill
- 3/4 cup diced white onion
- ½ cup diced green onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced roma tomato
- 3/4 cup hearts of palm chunks diced
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced English cucumber
- Group 3
- 1 cup 180g corn cut from the cob
- 7 oz Alaska salmon brushed with some of your dressing
- 2 + 1/2 cups cauliflower florets cut into “steaks” drizzled with leftovers of the above marinate – grill until brown and crispy: about 7 minutes
Fire up the grill
In a small bowl combine group 1 to make your dressing
Prepare group 2 veggies
Grill corn, cauliflower, and salmon from group 3
Layer everything on a large plate, drizzle your dressing