In case you didn’t have time to go to Italy for dinner, I’ve got your back ?
This stir fry blends ALL of the Sicilian flavors and foods into on big dinner!
It’s full of fiber, protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates.
As with all my stir fries I start with a base of quinoa, then throw in various vegetables, I add some fish for a source of protein and top it off with a sauce full of healthy fats for a well balanced meal!
The quinoa serves as a source of plant based protein AND complex carbohydrates. It’s full of fiber, minerals and can take the place of white rice in traditional stir fries. More bang for your buck, and doesn’t leave you stripped of important nutrients!
The veggie gang in this one is particular to Sicily; it contain artichokes, fennel, peppers, asparagus, and onions – all of which are super nutrient dense and provide you with loads of potassium, fiber, and vitamin C!
Sicilians cook with loads of fresh fish – so I chose two of my all time favorites for this one; both high in B vitamins… scallops and shrimp!
The sauce is always my source of healthy fats, and I’ve chose none other than traditional olive oil, olives, and a dairy free Parmesan cheese that you can make your self with hemp seeds, walnuts, and nutritional yeast or grab a pre made bottle at your nearest market! Sister River Foods is the brand I use as it contains no fillers or additives and tastes amazing!
Feel free to swap any veggie for another and get creative with your fish! Mussels, squid, salmon, sardines all pair well!
- Blend the following to make a sauce:
- • 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- • 7 oz roasted red Bell pepper
- • 1 tbsp minced garlic
- • 1 tbsp lemon juice
- • 1 tbsp shallot
- • 2 tsp sriracha
- • 1 tbsp Olive oil
- • dash of sea salt
- • 5 cherry tomatoes
- • Dash of Italian seasonings dill, fennel seeds, parsley
- In a small pan sear the following:
- • 4 oz jumbo shrimp + 3 oz bay scallops
- Heat 1 tsp algae or avocado oil in a pan and sautee:
- • 1 cup sliced fennel
- • 1 cup cubanelle or green pepper
- • ¾ cup white onion
- • 1 cup artichoke hearts 130g
- • 1.5 cup asparagus cubbies
- • 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Pour your sauce and mix to combine; top with:
- • ¼ cup raw white onions
- • ¼ cup 30g black olives
- • 1 tbsp 6g dairy free parmesan cheese (Sister River Foods