Happy Holidays everyone I hope you’ve all had a great time with family and friends and are getting ready to settle back into your normal routine!
We spent Christmas elsewhere this year… I recently traveled to Aruba with my father and fiancé for a birthday/holiday getaway to enjoy the warm weather!
Aruba is one of my favorite islands of all the Caribbean islands. From the kind people, to the crazy activities, the fishy food and the beautiful beaches, it’s a one stop shop for a brilliant getaway.
I’ve been itching to do a ton of recipe testing for the upcoming summer because Im currently wedding planning and know it is going to be a very busy one! As you may know, REAL – The Meal Deal launched last month, and its been one of the handiest projects I’ve created yet. RTMD is a 4 week meal and movement plan for those looking for a balanced exercise and meal plan. It’s full of digestive friendly, healthy and cleaning recipes using whole foods that come as close to nature as possible! RTMD provides you with all the guides and lists you need for living a healthy lifestyle as convient and budget saavy as possible!
I’ve been so busy lately that I have actually been using RTMD myself and plan to continue as I’m in wedding planning mode and staying busy with other projects for Nourishing Nelli.
Anyways, as we traveled from Missouri to Aruba, there was quite the weather change. I went to make dinner and realized a hot bowl of soup or stew that I was use to having is NOT what my body was craving in the 90 degree island beach weather! So I thought about doing something special and adding an extra week to RTMD that includes all beach and tropical inspired recipes! Recipe creation is one of my biggest passions and since it was my birthday week, we were at the beach on vacation, I thought, I’ll do just that! I tore it up in the kitchen this past week and have some amazing recipes for you to try. All are designed to leave you feeling energized, hydrated, fulfilled and are super digestive friendly, because.. who wants bloat and indigestion when your walking around in a bathing suit!? Not I!
REAL – The Meal Deal is available for order in the NN Shop and is a great option for those who want something to rely on for healthy meal options and functional fitness plans!
Back to Aruba: We stayed in Bubali, which is a small town near Palm and Eagle beach. Below I’ll list some of my tips while there, best places to visit, shop, eat or do!
BEACHES TO VISIT
- Eagle Beach
- Palm Beach
THINGS TO DO
- Natural Pool
- Jolly Pirates Catamaran Boat
- Shop at Palm Beach Local Shops
- Hula Dancer Show in Palm Beach
- Scuba Diving at Aruba Water Sports on Palm Beach
- Flyboarding outside of Holiday Inn Hotel on Palm Beach
- Superfoods is a local grocery store near Palm Beach where you can find most necessities. They have a huge selection of fresh vegetables and fruits, all the fish you can imagine, and they even carry almond milk, coconut milk, nut butters, dairy free items, seasonings and spices, and some of the leading health brands for popular items that you’d find in the states. I was pretty surpised by their selection, althought a bit angry that I wasted some of my suitcase weight packing boxes of quinoa and cashew butter!
- We didn’t eat at any of the restaurants due to my immensely large amount of cooking however they had a bunch of local places that looked fresh and carried thing like seafood, fruits, veggies, etc.
- Eduardos Beach Shack on Palm Beach has amazing smoothies, jucies, vagan protein balls, all the tropical fruit bowls you can imagine and they even sell CocoWhip! (I was there everyday!)
- The Hyatt Hotel on Palm Beach has a little smoothie shop out front with fresh coconuts, pitaya, acai and other fruits.
- Local foods to try: (which are all in REAL – The Meal Deal Beach Week) Red Snapper, Lionfish, Barracuda, young coconut.
- Unless your staying at a hotel; there’s not many fitness facilities to use so I recommend bringing some of the necessities – jump rope, bands, sliders, etc.
REAL -The Meal Deal’s beach inspired week also comes with a vacation friendly movement plan that incorporates body and light weight circuit routines that are super easy to incorporate into your day as they can be done without a gym! This was another part of the trip that was so much fun for me – Giving your body a rest yet, still staying active and moving is so rewarding and much needed, especially when on vacation!
-There is a local bus that travels around palm and eagle beach that is 2.50 per ride and very handy! If your staying out a bit further like we were in Bubali, I highly recommend renting a car, as taxi’s can be a bit expensive when your going back and forth from the store, activities, beach, nightlife or whenever your find yourself needing to go!
Aruba uses the askldnfosi;dfn and one US dollar is worth about 1.75 sdflkns;fa.
I hope this helps you all and inspires you to take a beach trip soon! Whether it’s Aruba or another island, RTMD is a great set up for healthy, delicious, and digestive friendly meals along with a marvelous movement plan to stay on track while vacationing!
If you’ve been to Aruba before and would like to add something I missed, feel free to mention it in the comments below, Id love to hear your favorite things to do see or eat while there!!