These are my favorite to make and have on hand because they go with almost everything, are super simple and uber healthy! They contain complex carbohydrates; yet are full of fiber to keep blood sugar levels balanced, chalked full of protein from peanut butter and beans (real food ya’ll), are low in sugar, and taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! They take all of 5 minutes to make and store great in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.
Some of my favorite ways to enjoy these guys are:
- mixed with nice cream
- on top of smoothies
- alone for a mid afternoon snack
- after dinner to satisfy a sweet tooth, while still keeping it healthy
- in a bowl of Almond Mylk… Trust me it’s like cereal but better… SO GOOD!
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans drained
- 3 tbsp Santa Cruz peanut powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp grape jelly Smucker’s Simply Fruit Concord Grape
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- dash of sea salt
- dash of cinnamon
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well blended.
Roll into tablespoon sized balls
Freeze for 2 hours
Give these a try and show me your creations on Instagram or Facebook by tagging #NourishingNelli
Get to rollin’,