This week I spoke about smoothies + digestion and how they go hand-in-hand at Palm Health Wellness Center. What better topic to lecture on during National Digestion Health Month?
What a great opportunity to work with such a well developed center. They have it all – from the best doctors to the latest equipment and their staff does a great job at truly putting your health above everything else. I’ve partnered with Palm to create a selection of nutrient dense, digestive friendly and uber tasty smoothies for their seasonal menu. All are made with locally sourced, fresh and organic ingredients. If you get a chance to visit Palm Health, be gutsy and head over to the kitchen area to give one a try!
A few of my top tips for improving digestion:
- Chew your food. It sounds simple but you’d be surprised how many people forget to eat slowly and chew their food. Digestion begins in the mouth starting with enzymes in your saliva that begin the digestion process.
- Practice mindful eating by stopping when you’re full and not over doing it; leaving room for your next meal.
- Aim to fill your plate with two or more servings of fibrous vegetables, beans, nuts and seeds with each meal to promote smooth digestion.
- Try adding apple cider vinegar to your daily regime in some way, it does wonders! Try a shot before meals, first thing in the morning, sipped throughout the day in a water and lemon mixer, or incorporated into homemade dressings and dips.
BONUS – 2 gut friendly smoothie recipes that I incorporate weekly – Give them a blend!
Beet Berry Smoothie
-1 bottle of Beetle Mylk
-1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
-1 cup strawberries
– 1/4 cup red beets
-1 cup fresh spinach
-dash of cinnamon
-1 medjool date
-scoop of plant based vanilla protein powder (optional)
Ginger Berry Smoothie
-1/2 cup blueberries
-1/2 frozen banana
-1 cup baby spinach
-1/2 large avocado
-1 tbsp minced ginger
-1/2 cup Pure Vanilla Almond Mylk
– 1 scoop plant based vanilla protein powder (optional)
-1 medjool date
You can find the Beetle Mylk & Pure Vanilla Almond Mylk in the NN Shop, designed by yours truly; which are also formulated for improving gut health, double win! I’m writing a post that I’ll be releasing later this month that goes into more depth on the importance of having a healthy digestive tract, but for now, this shall do it!
Beetle Mylk #ITSNOTJUICE
Order yours today! SHOP NN